May 5, 2008

I was a really Good Mom before I had Kids........



......reinventing modern motherhood. Well, yes..... I picked up this book the other day by Trisha Ashworth and Amy Noble,
because the title caught my eye and fitted the description of myself, as a mother.....
because there was a picture of a cupcake on the front page (I am a complete cupcakeaholic), and
because I read the back cover and it read, "You need this book if......
1. you consider going to the dentist your special "alone time" - I thought, heck yeah, I love seeing my dentist
2. you're competitive about winning Chutes and Ladders - well, in our house it's Candy Land and riding tricycles
3. you reflexively refer to the bathroom as "the Potty" - always....we even tell our guests where the "pottyroom" is located.
4. you once introduced yourself at an important business meeting as "Derrick's mom" - and Maddie's mom, and Jack Jack's mom.....
5. you'd trade your husband for a housekeeper - ummm, already did that :)...just kidding, but he does travel a lot.

Some of the chapters include (and they caught my eye because I thought, hey this is me!!!!):
"the Fake CupCake Problem" - refers to doing things like browsing the aisles of Target as a means of therapy (oh yes, every week!!!)
"I love being a mom, I just hate doing it" - unfortunately I feel like this quite a lot....
"you can have it all. Just not all at once" - I'm always wanting something...
"Am I a bad mom if I don't buy organic spaghettiOs?" - mom's groups make me feel quilty about this one!!!
and so on..........

a great little book and my $20 therapy.... ENJOY!!!

BTW....the photo was taken immediately after my son decided to pick his nose and stick his finger in my mouth. YUCKY!!!

2 comments:

BeezEyeView said...

Oh! That does sound like a great book. Thanks for sharing.

Holly Havenhill said...

that pic cracks me up!