June 13, 2008

The County Fair.....

Well, I entered my first photography contest at the Alameda County Fair, and out of the four entries submitted, two were accepted and one took Honorable Mention. I think the hardest part for me when entering contests, is choosing the photo. Looking at the photos submitted I wish I would have entered a BW photo (since they are my favorite) oh well, better luck next year. Here are my entries. Enjoy!!!


"The Water Sprite"
- Honorable Mention in Photo Manipulation Category
20x30 printed on fine art velvet (this came out gorgeous!!)


"Pitching Kisses" - Accepted
16x20, lustre coated


....and my two that were not accepted

"Bees Eye View" - yes, Bettie, I thought of you!! :)
...if you look at the larger version of this photo, there is a bee in front of my daughter's head....
24x36 canvas gallery wrap - for sale (if interested contact me)


"Last of the Mustard Fields"
24x36 canvas gallery wrap - for sale (if interested contact me)

4 comments:

BeezEyeView said...

The work is gorgeous Denise! Did you put the frame as part of the image you printed on velvet or is that for online presentation only? Love the bee one too!! :D

BeezEyeView said...

Oh, and I want that mustard field relocated to my neighborhood! Love it!

Denise Marie Olson said...

Thanks Bettie,
No the frame is for presentation, but the original piece of work was framed in black.

kymberli q. said...

Awesome, Denise! Congratulations!!!! These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!