May 20, 2009

Derrick Class of '09 {seniors}

My son, Derrick, is graduating from high school. Words cannot describe how proud we all are of him. Here is the announcement that will be going out. Yes, its huge... I made a 5x5 trifold, and realized after the order came back, that I really needed to add a brief story so that family and friends would know of his future endeavors. So I added a 5x5 flat card to go with the tri-fold. Having family & family scattered across the nation, this is my one means of keeping in contact with everyone {yes, over 75% of the people I know do no use the internet to communicate}. Cheers!!!!






His story card:



Derrick's Senior Albums can be viewed HERE

Contributing designers: Jamie Schultz {thank you, Jamie!!!}

6 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

Wow, time does fly, huh? I am sure you have some awesome memories and wonderful feeling when thinking about him growing up. Great job with the layout, too. I am sure that in 18 years you will find my wife or I doing the very thing on our blogs. Great inspiration!

Brenda Landrum said...

Denise, this is awesome! I love the card and the book, great layout! Congrats to Derrick for all that is to come.

kymberli q. said...

AWESOME, Denise!! Congratulations! And he is soooo handsome! These look GREAT!

Robyn Kessler said...

OMG- I had no idea you had a son that old! WOW!
And what great pictures. I bet all his friends are jealous that they don't have images like that!

Kimi Boustany said...

Derrik's card was stunning!! Love the graphics, love the pics. Love the grunge!!
Thanks so much for thinking of me. We need to talk soon. I miss ya!

Jonni said...

Hi D~

Please forgive me! I just realized with all the craziness going on I forgot to tell you how wonderful Derrick's announcement was. Thank you so much for it. It was beautiful and you are so talented my friend. Is Derrick getting excited for college?

Hugs,
Jonni