February 8, 2011

spa for a cause...

meet Logan Wight...

He is the most courageous little boy I know.  My Jackson, who is also 4 years old, saw his photo while I was putting together the Pleasanton Mom's Club newsletter and asked me what his name was.  I said, "Logan".  Jack, "Logan?  Mommy, I like him.  He is my friend"  At only 4 years old, Logan is experiencing a fight that we can only imagine could happen to ourselves.  He has cancer.  A rare form of brain cancer that requires extensive therapies and surgeries and experimentation.  In efforts to help him and his family, our local Pleasanton spa, Joie de Vie Salon, will be donating 20% of their full priced services when scheduled on Thursdays or Sundays to the Wight family.  Just mention Logan Wight at the time of your booking.  This effort was initially made available to only members of Pleasanton Mom's Club, but now through the end of March, Joie de Vie is offering this effort to EVERYONE!!!  My daughter and I are getting our nails and toes done together for "girl day"... BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!!!

To read more about Logan's story, visit Prayer's for Logan, a blog written by Logan's mom, Sherry, documenting pain, hope and courage...

No comments: