March 14, 2011

the oscars - a birthday celebration

After a funfilled day at the beauty salon {All About Me Kids Salon}, we began our preparations for the Oscar Party...a red carpet welcomed our guests into the "celebrity zone".  We adorned our guest with homemade cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, an assortment of gourmet popcorn, pizza, meyer lemon drops, and fizzies {for the kids}...FUN!!!

Resources I used:

~ red carpet - red material from JoAnn's Fabrics {currently going out of business in Dublin, but relocating!!}

~ cupcake decorating - ideas inspired by my cupcake making class, Let'em Eat Cake in Livermore

~ meyer lemons - my tree in the backyard!!!

~ Oscar decor - idea from Hostess with the Mostess; btw, I did try the White Lady Martini, and it is GOOD!!!

~ Oscar bingo - How About Orange blogsite

~ Oscar ballet - The Academy of Motion Pictures Website

~ party supplies - Party City in Dublin

~ on-line invites - My Punchbowl





No comments: