January 4, 2012

back to blogger. I don't know!!!!


2012....time for decisions and many are my list. The big decision will be on dropping the Mommy & Me Photography and going with my name for my photography business.  It may be time to stir things up in regards to brand recognition.  Too many detours with the name, Mommy & Me, and tired of the newbies out there taking the name.  God forbid if there is another Denise Marie Olson out there in the world taking photos.  If you are out there, please come forward now.   Other items on my to do list are are simplifying and cleaning my cyber house.  Just too many things to manage and I'm really having a hard time with WordPress right now due to the fact that I have to use a third party hosting site.  $$$.  My smugmug site will stay.  It has been very faithful with my archiving and proofing since I've purchased SmugVault.  Plus everything since the origination of my digital days are there.  So expect a lot of hiccups with my cyber space adventure.  This stuff doesn't come easy for me, but I need to learn.  Through it all, expect little words, lots of photos.

3 comments:

Jim, "Homer" said...

Some times mixing and stiring it up is a good thing. Where ever this path takes you I wish you the best of luck. Oh and that shot goes all to well with this post. Love the look.

jan ~ tomatobaby said...

hey denise ... thought i'd jump in here too ... and my goodness wherever did you find a plaid ball-mitt?? anyway ... i had been a "blogspotter" for a very long time and then took the leap to word press ... very happy and found tools to make it easy. i don't want to go on a wp chant but if you wanna chat more about it {or if you're still on the fence about it all} ... send me an email or let's chat thru facebook ... jan@tomatobaby.com.

baby-steps ... a very good idea! keep creative ~j.

Denise Marie Olson said...

Thanks Jim!!! hopefully people out here will find a little knack for action photography rather than just the single sports mugshot!!!
thank you Jan!!! Totally weighing my options here....I really need to simplify and stick to one blog...spent all weekend redesigning my logo and branding....and it was FUN~!!! I find wordpress to be more of hassle due to hosting all my elements through a third party, of which is all code....I find blogger easier to manipulate and I may go that route due to the fact that my sports style is routed through blogger and I have no plans to change that...plus I do not want to upgrade my ProPhoto Theme....they are getting as bad as Adobe for not upgrading their theme sequentially...augh. So decisions will be made...oh by end of Feb. Like I said baby steps....gives me time to create, step back look, and re-create!! Thank you for your support. I'll keep everyone posted!!!