May 2, 2015

My backyard at dusk.

For the next couple of weeks I am testing out the Tamaron  SP 150-600MM F/5-6.3 Di VC USD with my 5DMarkIII and my 40D.  Overall I'm impressed with this lens.  For the money, its a nice lens to have in the bag.  After the 400mm reach, I am seeing softness, but nothing that should be thrown out.  And as expected, low light conditions. Yet when using the 5DMIII, and by cranking up the ISO, I was able to get suitable results even at 7:30PM.  So within the time span of 7PM - 7:30PM this is what we captured in my backyard.
 This is one of the 20 deer that were grazing all while the mama bear and her two cubs were less than 50 yards down the hill.

Welcome back mama bear with her two new cubs.

The moon.  Maddie and I were observing the skies as part of her school science assignment this week.

A ruffed grouse.

And more deer over in the neighbor's pasture.

No comments: