April 2, 2010

uncle Richard Olin - miss me but let me go...

Richard Burnham Olin
June 22, 1943 - February 12, 2010


"When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no tears in a gloom - filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little - but not for long
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss - but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must make
And each must go alone,
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to your friends that we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good works,
Miss me - but let me go."

~auther unknown

Some of my favorites while restoring the heritage album:
the younger years



the family on a Cape Cod vacation



graduation



the wedding



daughter, Christine
vacations and trips



the immediate family...



He had a fondness for photography; loved his dogs; worked for General Motors until his retirement; loved boating; loved the Cape; loved traveling;  enjoyed his family especially the youngest generation...after battling health issues, cancer finally took him away for us.  You will be missed, but we will let you go.

No comments: