April 23, 2011

moving on

As of today, it is official.  We are moving.  We are moving out of the San Francisco Bay Area going back east.  Corning, New York to be specific.  My husband was just offered a wonderful opportunity with Corning Incorporated which will not only benefit his career, but also get my career back on track into biotech if I so choose to do so.  We will also be closer to my college football scholar son, Derrick, who plays for the West Liberty University Hill Toppers, and I will be able to attend almost all of his games!!!  I will be closer to my best friends in Pittsburgh, the Steelers, and  GOOD Buffalo chicken wings!!!!  Keith will be home more, and will be able to attend his Red Sox games at Fenway Park!!  We will also be closer to Keith's family.  Christmas in New England once again!!  And now my family is a tad bit closer, and more able to visit.  My brother and sister are terrified of flying.  We may be leaving a wonderful wine region, but only to have access to another wonderful upcoming wine region, the Fingerlakes Wine Region.  So yes, our Bacio Devino wine cellar is coming with us, but now we need to figure out how we are going to get our 600 bottle collection to New York!!!  eek!  I guess we have to start drinking more wine!



So how is my photography business affected?  My business will come with me as well.  I will continue building my portraiture business in the FingerLakes Region, and I will continue being the staff photographer for the Tiffany's Dance Academy Studios in the San Francisco Bay Area assisting Paul Henderson with photographing recitals, photo management, portraiture display and handling small projects for CostumeManager.com as needed.  However, due to the busy nature of preparing for our move early this summer, I will no longer be doing portrait sessions in the Bay Area.   My efforts during this time will focus only on Tiffany's Dance Academy and their upcoming recital events and capturing Pleasanton's Phantom T-ball Softball league {for moms and dads, your photos can be viewed through my Sports Style galleries}.  My creative services offered to the dancers of Tiffany's will remain and will still be offered for an infinite amount of time as well as my collaboration with artist Jessica Dittmer and her Storybook Look® Art . {TDAPics photo galleries are still online and available for purchase!!  Contact me at mommyandmephoto@sbcglobal.net or Paul Henderson at paul@tiffanydance.com for password details and for additional creative services}

We are all very EXCITED about this opportunity and can't wait to get moving!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

How exciting! I'm happy to hear everything worked out with your hubby's job and that you might also be able to return to biotech. So fun that you'll be so close to family and many things you love. We'll miss you out west!

Denise Olson said...

Thank you Kate. This change was much needed!!!!

Kelly said...

I've enjoyed your work for a long time and look forward to following you after your big move! Best of luck!

Denise Olson said...

Thank you so much Kelly!!!

kymberli q. said...

Best of luck to you, Denise! So nice that you'll be closer to your older son! At least we still have Facebook! ;)

Jonni said...

Denise,


YEAH! I am so excited for you guys! Corning is awesome and not too far from Syracuse. We will definitely have to plan a get-together once you guys get settled in. I know moving can be very stressful, so I hope it is as easy as can be for you and your family. When do you think you will move? Does your hubby have to commute back and forth until you move? John had to do that for a while when we lived in NC before we moved up here. He stayed in a hotel in NY and flew back home each weekend. It's fun to have a new adventure right? I am so excited and thanks for letting me know. I need to figure out why I am not getting your blog updates. I love the beautiful image you posted and the texture works perfectly. :)

Hugs,
Jonni