December 4, 2008

oh, why is being 2 so hard??? {families}

I had another family holiday session a week ago with friends, and lit'l E wanted nothing to do with the lady holding the camera (me!!)...lollipops, bribes, throwing rocks....nothing made lit'l E happy. I even offered him my camera...no way. Even Curious George wasn't going to save the day...until mom offered him a brand new red matchbox car...however, the toystore was not in the woods. So we packed up our stuff and hurried to downtown to get the toy. We had about 15-20minutes of sun before it would it go down behind the ridge. So time was ticking...could I do it? Heck yeah, at 6 frames per second, we were going to get the shots. So near downtown, we stopped at one of E's favorite parks and voila....smiles everyone SMILES...that's all it takes is putting a child in their comfort zone (I guess the dirt path with deer, wild turkeys and rabbits was just not cutting it that day). So mom, dad, here is your peek. enjoy!!!

Before the little red car:





After the little red car:




5 comments:

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love them, of course.

JMCS said...

Oh Denise,

These are some gorgeous images! You rose to the challenge! I especially love the one with the light streaming down, actually, I ♥ them all! What a nice looking family and what an adorable little boy. Look at those little pouty lips and his adorable hair. What a sweetie.

hugs,
Jonni

YStudio Photography said...

I have learned and am still learning that with children, it's all about allowing them to be in their own environment and getting the telefoto lens ready. You can part your self from where they are so to speak, and "zoom in tight." BUT, sometimes they are just NOT into the session, then what do you do? I think a visit to a toy store, a playground, park etc., is a good place to start, I always ask mom and dad, "where" does your child's face "light up?" That helps.

Another thing is I avoid conversation with mom and dad and I just tend to walk around and ask the kid questions like their age, etc. (Let the camera rest for a few... All in all you did great! Love the green slide image.

Another little piece of wonder I discovered with Dave Ziser, is the ZRay portable spotlight, it has really saved my behind when sunset past and the shoot wasn't over! UGH, plus I avoid using flash whenever possible.

Cheers and congrats!

kymberli q. said...

Holy smokes! These are precious. The one of him looking straight into the camera - priceless!!

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of him looking at you over Dad's shoulder! Intense but so cute!!!